Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rainy Day Clothes

This week has been cold and rainy out.  I've been inside, making things for the shop and cooking (vegan coconut cream pie post coming soon!).  I'm a uniform kind of girl - I wear pretty much the same thing every day.  Usually, it's jeans, a tank, and a cardigan or sweater.  Katie and Erin are infinitely more fashionable than I, and I have repeatedly offered them the position of personal stylist for yours truly.  When I start looking super cute, you'll know one of them took me up on the offer!  Till then, I'm just going to share my rainy day uniform with you.  Warning:  it's a lot of denim.

cowl: micaela greg, button down: target, white tank: old navy, jeans: gap, purse: thomas IV via Of a Kind, watch: target

hat: nordstrom


When it rains, all I want is to be comfortable and dry.  I tell myself denim on denim is okay when it's cold and rainy, and I don't do a thing with my hair because it's a lost cause.  The best I can hope for is to smash it down with my favorite hat.  I have a gigantic head (totally not kidding here), and it's rare to find a hat that actually fits.  This one does, and it stays on my head alllll winter long.  Also, I love absolutely everything micaela greg makes, and this cowl is no exception.  And can we talk about the purse for a second?  It's brand new.  I've been wanting a new purse for a while, and I was looking at the usual brand names, but I realized that I wanted a bag that was made by someone who was paid a living wage to make it.  More and more, I've been trying to shop at goodwill and Etsy.  I'm pretty bothered by the thought of my belongings being made by children who are basically enslaved, and that's my way of putting my money where my mouth is.  I ended up at Of a Kind, which is my favorite website.  The Of a Kind girls feature up-and-coming designers on a weekly basis, and you end up feeling like you know the designer when you purchase their item.
Anyway, that's it for me.  If the sun ever shines again, I'll post a non-rainy-day outfit.  But next - vegan coconut cream pie!  It's a life changer.

2 comments:

  1. ah, how I hate rainy days!
    I love how your scarf print sort of matches the one of the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way in the rain - I just want to bundle up and be cozy! I like this look and I think you look adorable in that hat! And that little bag is really cute.

    ReplyDelete