Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

Hi Everyone!  I'm still alive!  I know I haven't written a post in a while (since February, I think), but I've had a really good excuse....that terrible flu I had that just wouldn't go away turned out to be PREGNANCY.  True story.  My wonderful partner and I couldn't be happier.  Porkchop (that's the name our dachshund has given the baby, according to Matt) is due in September.  :O)

Unfortunately, at my first ultrasound, the doctor discovered that I also have ovarian cancer.  Luckily, I'm now six months along and the tumors have not impacted my baby girl at all.  My nurse midwife and the doctors I'm seeing are so supportive and caring, I could not be in better hands.  It's looking like I'll be able to carry the baby to full term, and deal with the tumors after her birth.  I'm so thankful.

Needless to say, I have not been feeling too great throughout this pregnancy and definitely have not felt like having my picture taken!  However, now that I'm at 25 weeks along, I'm feeling more confident that I'll really get to met this little person who kicks and flips inside me all day long.  I'm ready to document the process, now that I'm fairly confident it's going to have a happy ending.

I have not spent much money on pregnancy clothes because, really, what's the point?  I picked up a few dresses that are maternity, but will also work after pregnancy, and a couple pairs of pregnancy jeans.  Other than that, I'm wearing tank tops a size or two bigger than usual, and my old cardigans. 

tunic: Koch,  jeans: Gap Maternity,  sandals: Bass outlet











Dyna the greyhound and Bodo the dachshund.  They feel my pain on these hot summer days!

The tunic is from Koch, a line that I love.  It's a M/L, which just goes to show that it pays to try things on!  I think it's got a couple of months left in it before my preggo belly outgrows it, and I can't wait to pull it out next summer and wear it when I'm not expecting.  My favorite thing about it is that it's SUPER lightweight so it's comfortable even though I'm always a sweaty mess now.  Did I mention it's miserable to be pregnant in the summer?  Also, I stopped wearing makeup because the smells were making me nauseous, so I look like a ghost in these photos!  Yikes.

Anyway, it's so nice to be back to blogging!  I'm feeling better and better as the pregnancy progresses, so I hope to have some new things to offer in the shop soon, too.  I've been experimenting with embroidering onesies, so I may have a few of those to offer. 

I hope you're all doing well, and that your summers are going splendidly!

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. When I read "flu turned out to be pregnancy" I burst out laughing...then I immediately became silent. Ovarian cancer? Oh dear. The good thing is that you still can give birth to a wonderful baby and then cure this cancer, but still, that's awful news. I hope everything is gonna be fine. A great, great hug.

    (And by the way, you look radiant!)

    ReplyDelete