Friday, October 26, 2012

Birthday Cake

Dress: Anthropologie
Shirt: Vintage
Tie: Vintage
Shoes: Tic Tac Toes

Yesterday was my birthday! My sister took me out, and we spent most of the day eating and shopping, because those are our favorite things to do.  I ate at least part of two cupcakes and a slice of actual birthday cake, so . . . yeah.  Overall it was a great day!

These pictures were taken at Forest Park, which is known for the 1904 Worlds Fair.  They tore most of the buildings down long ago, but the Art Museum and the Muny are what remain.  The little gazebo in the middle of the pond was an original, too! Anyway, the park is massive (larger than Central Park) and has a lot of great places to take pictures, so we thought we'd meander down there to capture a few of today's outfit.

Speaking of which, isn't it great when you rediscover clothing you haven't worn in a while.  Not that I really rediscovered this dress, because it's been shuffling between my closet and storage every season for the past few years, but I just haven't found much use for as of late.  I was considering getting rid of it because I haven't really worn it in a year or two, but I decided to keep it just in case!  I finally found something I can wear it with again! The blouse is one of my favorites!







1 comment:

  1. :) Happy belated birthday to you! And, I am glad you decided to keep the dress - it looks lovely with taht blouse and tie! What gorgeous photos, too. We just got our first snow yesterday and the trees are mostly bare here in Minnesota, so it's nice to see some green. :) xo

    ReplyDelete