Saturday, August 3, 2013

Before We Begin

Shirt: Vintage
Shorts:Vintge
Bag: ASOS
Hair Clip: Self-made
Last summer, I decided I wanted to start wearing shorts after a ten year hiatus.  Shorts and I have a love-hate relationship. I love them because they keep me cool, but I hate them because I rarely find any that look good on me.  I like how high-waisted shorts look in the front, but the back makes me look like I have mom's butt. I find low rise anything to be an abomination, and anything in between just basically looks like I have a frontal wedgie. These shorts, however, are a rare exception.  They actually look good in the front and decent in the back, plus I love the light blue gingham pattern. The shirt is a vintage crop top I found for a steal a while ago, and the bag is a discounted purchase I found on ASOS, which has become my new favorite because it looks like my dog. 
Also, as a shameless plug, I recently started an etsy shop (different from is itsecretisitsafe), where I will be selling vintage clothing and upcycled vintage items.  I decided to create a different one from isitsecretisitsafe because vintage really doesn't fit with the shop's theme. I will update you all with the better finds and creations, but I'll try not to overdo it! Hopefully it won't get too confusing featuring multiple shops. Anyway, some of the things I've been working on are vintage scarves that I embroider with little rosebuds (pictures at the bottom) and vintage flower millinery reworked into fancy hair accessories like the one above.  It's a slow process taking pictures of everything and getting it up there, but I'm hoping it will be a little faster once I get the hang of it.
 








2 comments:

  1. That purse is just so adorable!

    xoxo,
    laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding good shorts is so hard for me too! I have a thrifted gingham pair that resemble these and that I used to like, but seeing them in a picture of myself from the back... well let's just say they're in the back of the closet now. anyway, since you found your match, I say make yourself more pairs using them as an example!

    ReplyDelete