Saturday, February 18, 2012

Layered Up

It's been a while since I've posted an outfit, so I thought I'd give it a go today.  I have been MISERABLY sick this winter, and on photoshoot day I was battling the flu, but you know what?  It was so nice to get out of the house for a few minutes, it was totally worth it.
I conscripted my boyfriend into photographer duty for this one.  He's really artistic, so I assumed he would be an excellent photographer, and he was....of birds, his dog, foliage, and the dreaded ACTION SHOT of yours truly.  Sigh.  You should SEE some of the facial expressions he captured.  It was so hilarious, I almost left the worst ones in.  It's what I deserve, though.  This is what he was doing when I informed him it was picture time.


Don't tell him I showed you this!  It was too cute not to share.

Anyway, it was freezing outside, and all I could think of was how to stay warm.  So, I piled on leggings, a skirt, a tee shirt, a sweater, two cardigans, and a scarf.  And my sh*tkicker boots.  It worked like a charm.  Bring it on, winter!

scarf: thrifted,  knitted cardigan: Portland Collection for Pendleton,   plain cardigan: Anthropologie,  sweater: Forever 21,  skirt: Anthropologie,  boots: Frye






I have to say, I felt partially like a crazy cat lady in this outfit, but it was so dang comfortable that I think I can live with it.  In fact, if I had a third cardigan that would have fit over the whole thing, I probably would have gone for it!
I hope you all are surviving the end of winter!

-Sarah

6 comments:

  1. It must be soooo cold where you are! Haha that first pic is funny. I want your cute little doggy!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there hows it going! I stumbled by you guys's blog and I had to stop and take a look because of the name! Haha I hope it was right out of Lord of the Rings! Because LOTR is awesome :). Anyhow I stayed on the blog a little while and found I really dig it :) Cheers!
    I shall follow now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, thanks Ginela! the blog and our etsy shop are straight out of lotr. :) and we've met the most awesome people who check us out because they're geeky lotr girls, too! thanks for checking us out!

      Delete
  3. I hope you recovered now! It's always so annoying to have the flu or colds -_- I know it, believe me (don't know why, looks like all the flus are drawn to me by some mysterious force). Anyway you look great and that cardigan looks extremely cozy, I want to wrap myself in it and curl up on the sofa with my boyfriend all day long!
    Oh and that photo of your boyfriend and your puppy is too cute not to post it ;)

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! i really want to print out the picture and frame it, but that would mean i'd have to tell matt that i took the picture in the first place! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog ! It was so kind of you! And I'm happy you dig my hair! I dig yours too, I love the bangs!. And who cares if you looked like a cat lady! besides! cats are sassy and comfort is desirable and fun :). Oh man Im diggin that Anthropologie skirt, I've always wanted to go to that store. Anywho, good luck with winter and your week! See you around!

    -Ginela

    ReplyDelete